Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Most Tired Day of the Month


I got assignment from my lecturer to get an interview with a native speaker, so I have to find someone who comes from other country. I will tell you about my effort to look for a native speaker. Let’s check this out.

            It was January, 7th 2013 when I looked for a native speaker with my friends Muhammad Catur Setiawan, Dwi Santoso, and Chandra Rizky Wijaya as known as Ojan. We started our journey at noon or at 11 am exactly. We went from Catur’s rent house by two motorcycles, I was with Catur and Dwi was with Ojan. At the middle of the journey I met with Rizky Wijayanto and Teguh Waluyo who they are class B. They want to look for native speaker also, so we decided to go there together. We went to Prawirotaman whereas many native speakers are spread around that area.
            We arrived there at 11.30 am, so Teguh and Rizky separated from us. They went with their friend Hardiansyah. We decided to pray dzuhur firstly and took a rest for a while. After we looked for a while, we did not find any native speaker who can be in interview with us. Then, we decided to go to Tamansari because we hoped to find native speaker in a day.
After we arrived at Tamansari, we met someone who was come from Germany. He went to Jogja for the first time and he organized his entire trip by himself. He went here after he visited Jakarta and that was his first experience to go to Indonesia. He was tall enough, has a white skin, and some beard in his chin. He got information about Jogja from the tourist guide book that he brought in Germany and also in tourist information at the railway station. He lived here at Bladog Hotel near from Tugu Railway Station. He spent 4 weeks from his 6 weeks holiday in Indonesia and spent a couple weeks in Laos and Bangkok. Actually, he was pleasure to spent his holiday in Jogja even the weather was a little bit annoying him because it was in rainy season. When I asked to him which one is better between Tamansari and Keraton, he said that they are something different and we can not compare them. Tamansari is the best place that he visited because he can see a beautiful view there. He also knew about history of Keraton like a Sultan even just a little. He was friendly and did not fell that he was disturbed because he had a time for me to ask him. Finally, before I went he said good luck for my lesson and I was conscious of stupidity that I did not ask his name, what a stupid that I put foot in this interview.
Afterward, my friends Gunawan Sulthon and Akhmad Fauzi came to Tamansari also. They want to look for native speaker also, but we did not find another native speaker except who we found before. We felt tired because we went around Tamansari more than three times and we did not find any native speaker. Therefore, we gave up and decided to go home and it was gloomy day and seem like rain would fall down. That was the tired day I had in this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment